Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nudie Jeans // Grim Tim Open Dry Selvage // Evo thread

Wearing
    Nudie Jeans - Grim Tim Open Dry Selvage

Nudie Jeans // Grim Tim Open Dry Selvage // Evo thread

Hey all!

Behold.. pictures of my first raw denim, a 12 oz. Grim Tim. Because of its open weft construction (hence the "open" in its name) you can really see the weft whites coming through. I sized down one size, fits good now. Just a little sag.

Ps. shout out to Somar for making the pics!

0. JEANS AS BRAND NEW

1. AFTER ONE WEEK OF WEAR

2. THREE MONTHS OF WEAR

Here are some pics me and Somar made today. I've been wearin the Nudies for about 3 months now. We went outside, since the sun was shining for the first time in months it feels like.

Last edited by Filthy Fresh; 09-20-2013 at 11:24 AM.

Wearing

3. FIVE MONTHS OF WEAR

4. SIX MONTHS OF WEAR
    Gooooooooood saturday eeev'nin'! Another EVO update, as per requested by Kenny :3. I washed my GT's around 5 months actual wear. You'll notice I don't have much real fading going on, but it's there! Just hard to see on the pictures . As some of you may have read, I'm not going for a high contrast fade but more of a softer vintage look. That's why I washed early and I'm gonna keep washing them when I feel like to. (Probably once every month.) Here are some details:

1) Machine wash
    2) 40 Celsius
    3) One hour, very low spin cycle
    4) Then I let it dry in a ventilated room

Pictures PRE WASH

Pictures POST WASH #1

My thoughts on the result.

1) Should've put the washing machine on hand wash setting instead of low spin cycle. Why? Because that way I think I would've kept my creases (combs, whiskers etc.), now they've all gone (lightweight denim 12 oz only.) and now when wearing doesn't automatically go back to the creases before wash. BUT, perhaps this will have a nice effect as well in the end??

2) 'Lack' of fading. YES, I know not much fading going on, especially the combs. To be honest, I expected little fading (compared to other raws). But you should see them in real life. Pretty pleased, these have been very hard to fade so far. However, they've turned in to a very nice blue and I feel like they fade a bit faster now. I actually can't wait to wash them again in a month or so.

What do you guys think??

PS. Fit pics coming soon!

5. SIX AND A HALF MONTHS OF WEAR

Here are a few fit pics I made after laying bricks in our backyard. The knees have gotten a brown-ish colour, because of the dust and sand. I'll be helping out on festivals these couple of weeks, building it up and such. Hopefully my raws will get some extra character then.

Last edited by Filthy Fresh; 06-28-2013 at 11:39 PM.

Wearing
    Japan Blue 0206
    Great fit and great jeans !!!

look forward seeing them after a while !
    Enjoy breaking them

Like the color but still haven't gotten used to low pockets.

http://cityofgentlemen.blogspot.com/?m=0
    http://www.facebook.com/cityofgentlemen

Wearing
    Cult of Individuality, Rebel Straight
    Really good fit man. Those low pockets are weird, do you like them?

Me and Somar are usually on the same page with everything but if he hasn't told you... Wear the shit out of them. Should be some good fades coming in a few months. Make sure and update us.

Wearing

6. SEVEN MONTHS OF WEAR

Some pics were made in a tunnel with the use of flash. Not really true colour of raws, but close enough

Little poll: wash now OR wait a few weeks?

7. SEVEN AND A HALF MONTHS OF WEAR

Here are more photo's on my GT's evo. Quick recap of the last weeks: besides the usual wear, I've been working hard building up and breaking down a couple of festivals in my GT's. Long, physical, sweaty, filthy, fun days. But enough already! This is what they looked like after two and a half weeks doing just that, taken on the 25th of MAY.

I washed them the day after Somar and I took the pics and now it's already been another month of regular wear. I'll make some quick shots later this week and put them online.

Thanks again for the feedback so far folks

Shaun
    Last edited by Filthy Fresh; 06-28-2013 at 11:50 PM.

I actually haven't noticed it too lol :P. I wouldn't buy denim with low pockets, but I like the way this denim fits mister Fresh including their low pockets. I think he just made them look good lol
    Check out my blog or my pinterest for updates about my fades.

Wearing now: Naked & Famous - Left Hand Twill // Railcar Fine Goods - X009

Wearing

8. SEVEN AND A HALF MONTHS OF WEAR

Post wash! As promised: here are a couple of quick fit picks I made after washing them for the third time. The colour is a bit different from the other pictures, days with a lot of sun have so much impact on the colour.

9. X MONTHS OF WEAR
    COMING SOON
    Last edited by Filthy Fresh; 06-28-2013 at 11:56 PM.

Wearing
    Japan Blue 0206
    Thumps up !!!!

Very nice, I have a pair of these too, you're very correct in saying they are hard to fade. I've had them since Nov.