Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heavyweight Denim Championship 2 (HWDC2) - Updates and Questions

Wearing
    Iron Heart Mega Beatle Busters
    Kenny, apologies for the late reply. Certainly possible for you to enter with you r Oldblue jeans if they have less than 30 wears. Many of our competitors come from Indonesia.

Wearing
    The Official
    Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015
    T-shirts
    are now ready for PRE-Order

You will be able to order shirts until February 22nd 2013.
    All orders will ship by February 28th 2013.

CLICK HERE -->http://www.jimmycrow.com/hwdc_2/hdc-shirts2.html

Wearing
    ub121, N&F LHT
    ssooo is there anyone else here who's going to be registering for the hwdc2 here in rawrdenim?

What's the official super future forum to the contest?

Wearing
    UB 121
    are registrations still open? just got my ub 121s.

Wearing
    Hi Guys,

Apologies that I haven't been around so much, the comp is running across 6 forums and this forum won't receive as much attention as a forum with 100 contestants. However, I will try my hardest to be back here more often, but to make it easier to register or get questions answered, here is my personal email address...

emporergav01@hotmail.com

..... please state your forum name, your forum, and whether you want to register or are registered.

-Registration is still open until March 1st.
    -Competition begins April 1st.

Wearing
    http://supertalk.superfuture.com/ind...ficial-thread/

^ This is the official SUFU thread, and this (along with the IH Forum thread), will be the most up to date.

We have two sorts of tee shirt, an Ebbets Cap, a belt and more surprises on the way.

Wearing
    Major update to come, stay tuned.

Wearing
    MAJOR FRIKKIN UPDATE TIME !!!!!

Ok, so here we are only 2 weeks away from the start of the HWDC2 and it seems like a good time to remind people of a few things, and update you all on a few other things.

What you must do first !!

I want a picture of you in you brand new (or amnesty worn) jeans, right off the bat. This is your first update and the base note for everything which you post after. Make sure it is done.

Website

This is not ready, in fact it is nowhere near ready much to my major annoyance. For the foreseeable future (until the programmers either complete it, or I pay someone else to sort it) we will have to stick to the forums. This is an assload more work for me, but hey, we all love the forums right?

Challenges

Here is what I said right from the start......

Themed Challenges

This is the part that intrigues me most. Roughly every 12 weeks we will issue a set of three themed challenges. Each competitor MUST select one of the three challenges, and MUST post their completed challenge. To give you an idea of what they will be , here are the first three (commencing 01/04/13).

1) Denim at the movies - with the summer blockbuster season just around the corner we have a movie themed challenge. Wearing your Heavy Denim you must either recreate your favorite movie poster and post the picture, or film a recreation of a clip from your favorite movie and post it up.

2) Denim Devils/ Denim Angels - post a picture and details of yourself doing either a good deed in your denim (if you're an angel), or a random act of spite (if you're a devil). Remember, Karma is a bitch.

3) Dirty Denim - As simple as it gets, give your denim a dirt bath, show them no respect, treat them like dirt.

.......and it still stands.

The Message

This is going to be a personal journey with your denim, that you will share with almost 300 other competitors doing exactly the same thing in their own way. You will get out of this what you put into it, wear hard, contribute often, and throw yourself into this with reckless abandon, you do not have to think what pants to put on for the next 24 months......embrace this concept and everything else will follow, your life will do the rest.

That is all.......for now.

Wearing
    UB 121
    edit: can't get the pics up anymore...
    they are http://imgur.com/a/VYI7G

this is from about 2 weeks of wear, the 21 oz unbranded denim seems to fade really quick. size up to 31, kinda long, with just a single cuff. this is my first update. not sure if this is how its supposed to go, but yea.

edit, they are back now.
    Name:  IMG_2329.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  121.0 KBName:  IMG_2333.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  130.4 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Grimtomato; 04-01-2013 at 11:47 PM. Reason: photos reupload