On the heels of his recent Wolf Jacket release, the one-man brand, Ande Whall, has decided to revamp the previous offering in a way that’s perfectly fit for fall. Denim jackets are an undeniable classic and always in style with a variety of washes and variations. The previous Wolf was a fairly standard denim jacket from the New Zealander, whose numbered “Special Roll” releases are well-covered here on Rawr Denim.
Hand-made by Whall himself, this version of his jacket features a corduroy yoke and cuff linings. The fabric is a beautiful walnut six-wale corduroy that’s reminiscent of fall and classic workwear. To top it off, the yoke and pockets are lined in blue and white star printed cotton and the two-piece collar has been changed from a rounded design to a flared tip version, giving the whole garment a strong vintage vibe.
Like in the previous Wolf, the natural indigo dyed blue selvedge line denim from Okayama, Japan is 13 Oz. and has been washed once to reduce shrinking. Details like the body-slimming back pleats, open pleats at the shoulder for ease of movement, hand-felled seams, and single-needle construction throughout carry through to this edition as well. Whall has no problem staying true to his ethos of using tried-and-true construction methods to “create new classics.”
Head on over to Ande Whall‘s website to check it out for yourself.
- Name: Ande Whall Wolf Jacket Corduroy Yoke Version
- Denim: Once-washed natural indigo dyed denim from Okayama, Japan
- Weight: 13 oz.
- Fit: Regular/slim cut with a longer body
- Other details:
- Walnut six-wale corduroy yoke and cuff lining
- Flared tip collar constructed from two pieces for a better fit
- Contrast blue and white star print 100% cotton fabric yoke and pocket lining
- Pleated front
- Blue selvedge ID line
- Open pleats at the shoulder for ease of movement
- Hand-made in New Zealand
- Available at: Ande Whall for $345.00 USD