Rising Sun & Co. Cattleman Jacket, Spade Denim – New Releases
Rising Sun & Co. is best known for creating clothes that are unapologetic in blending together vintage stylings, modern cuts, and other details to create unique pieces that are distinctively theirs. With the end of 2013 and beginning of 2014 quickly approaching, they’re bringing on board a jacket and jean that continues their tradition of combining old and new.
Cattleman Denim Jacket
Just in time for Fall/Winter 2013, up first is a denim jacket named the Cattleman which uses a 14 oz. Cone Mills selvedge denim. It draws its inspiration from a Type II jacket with the front pleats and lowered front flap pockets, adding on modifications such as a spread collar, a curved buckle back, and their signature acorn pockets.
The jacket is a great option if you’re looking for a variation on a vintage styled jacket. For those who tend to stray away from most Type II jackets because of the boxier cut, the Cattleman is slimmer and longer for a more modern look.
- Name: Rising Sun & Co. Cattleman Denim Jacket
- Weight: 14 oz.
- Denim: 100% cotton, sanforized Cone Mills selvedge denim
- Additional Details:
- Spread collar and signature acorn pockets
- Curved buckle back
- Selvedge details on collar and pockets
- Cut longer and slimmer for a more modern cut
- Available at: Rising Sun & Co for $330.00
The new addition to their jeans collection for Spring/Summer 2014 is the Spade; a new take on the buckle back jean. It’ll come in both a 14 oz. small batch Cone Mills denim as well as a 13 oz. grey caste Japanese denim. The jean shares similar details with Rising Sun & Co’s previous 5 pocket jeans such as double clinch copper rivets, 12 stitch per inch, a duck waistband and custom hardware as well as new details like the acorn shaped back and coin pockets.
The buckle back is modified by tucking the buckle into the yoke which makes it less intrusive and visually more subtle. Like the jacket, Rising Sun wanted to make this jean more modern so the cut is slim with a slight taper that is quite different from many buckle back jeans on the market these days. At the time of writing this, the jean has not yet been made available for purchase but look out for it in the upcoming months.
- Name: Rising Sun & Co. Spade Denim Jean
- Denim and Weight: 14 oz. Indigo Cone Mills denim, 13 oz. Grey Caste Japanese denim
- Additional Details:
- Copper rivets and custom hardware
- Buckle back tucked into yoke
- Duck waistband
- Acorn or Spade back pockets.
- Slim cut with a slight taper