3sixteen has officially (and finally) answered the call of diehard fans demanding a heavier option to their popular SL Slim Straight and ST Slim Tapered cuts – the 130x Heavyweight Selvedge Denim Series.
A 17 Oz. heavyweight sanforized selvedge denim sourced from the Kuroki Mills in Okayama, Japan, the jeans are constructed in San Francisco, CA with the same attention to detail that the brand applies to their other products. Current owners of 3sixteen denim will well know what they’re in for with the 130x Heavyweight and find it difficult to resist (myself included).
For those less acquainted with 3sixteen denim, the standard 100x denim is known for having a wonderful softness in its raw state. In the case of the new 130x though, it will show the character of its 17 Oz. Zimbabwe cotton fabric by having a much stiffer feel and longer initial break-in period.
As many heavyweight selvedge fans know, the benefit of persevering through heavier denim is that it often leads to more extreme, quickly-showing fades. Extra heavy warp yarns and the classic natural leather Tanner Goods patch round out the details on the two available fits from the NYC-based brand.
- Name: 3sixteen 130x Heavyweight Selvedge Denim Series
- Weight: 17 Oz.
- Denim: Sanforized 100% Zimbabwe long staple cotton selvedge denim from Kuroki Mills in Okayama, Japan
- Fits: Slim straight (SL-130x), slim tapered (ST-130x)
- Available at: BlueOwl Workshop for $265.00. (SL-100x, ST-100x)
- Other details:
- 7×4 weave
- Tanner Goods 3mm natural leather patch
- Belt loops sewn into chain stitched waistband
- Gunmetal-finished custom engraved buttons and rivets
- Selvedge details on hidden coin pocket and button fly
- Made in San Francisco, CA