Naked & Famous x BIG JOHN Collaboration Raw Denim
At this point, it’s become quite common to see brands come together and combine their specialities and talents to create collaboration pieces. We’ve covered many of these collaborations here and this time around, Naked & Famous has partnered together not only with Japan’s first denim brand, BIG JOHN, but also with Japanese artist and illustrator, Rockin’ Jelly Bean for a limited edition jean.
Based off of Naked & Famous‘ Super Skinny Guy fit, the jean uses BIG JOHN‘s exclusive 14.5oz RURI Japanese selvedge denim and features a leather patch designed by Rockin’ Jelly Bean. Used in several BIG JOHN jeans, the RURI denim is known for its unique light blue color which is achieved by dyeing the fabric 3/4 the usual amount.
The leather patch sums up the idea behind the jean quite well with two 1950′s pin up girls each representing Canada and Japan. As for the fit, the jean lives up to the Super Skinny Guy name with its extra slim leg with an aggressive taper at the knee.
It’s set to be released for FW’13 so keep your eye out for them both online and at local retailers.
- Name: Naked & Famous X BIG JOHN X Rockin’ Jelly Bean Super Skinny Guy Collaboration
- Weight: 14.5 Oz.
- Denim: Japanese Sanforized ‘RURI’ Selvedge Denim
- Fit: Super Skinny Guy (low rise, skinny leg, tapered)
- Other details:
- Leather patch artwork and hangtag done by Rockin’ Jelly Bean
- Inner waistband features labels from each brand
- RURI denim – dyed 3/4 the usual amount for a light blue color.
- Available at: Available in FW ’13