Pure Blue Japan has been well-represented lately for Fade Fridays, and for good reason. Many of PBJ’s jeans are constructed from denim woven on a manipulated single-shuttle loom that creates a slubby, uneven texture that fades beautifully.
This week’s featured jeans are a pair of Pure Blue Japan XX005S, worn almost daily for the past 13 months by @kylelengling, a student at the University of Minnesota. Kyle cycled in his jeans to break them in, and there is extensive wear and tear on the back pockets thanks to his saddle as well as dramatic honeycombing behind the knees from pedaling.
In total, the jeans have been washed three times after their initial soak, with the first wash happening around the 6 month mark.
- Name: Pure Blue Japan XX-005S
- Weight: 14 Oz.
- Fit: Slim-straight fit
- Denim: Unsanforized, 100% Japanese Cotton, Indigo-Dyed Raw Selvedge Denim
- Length of Wear: 13 Months
- Number of washes: 3, plus initial soak
- Other Details:
- PBJ exclusive slubby denim