Announced just last week, Amsterdam-based mens shop, Tenue de Nîmes, has combined forces with Japan’s oldest denim brand, BIG JOHN, to create a unique natural indigo denim.
Note: For further reading, check out our past article on BIG JOHN - “BIG JOHN – Not So Raw (yet), But Insanely Important“.
Although we haven’t seen the denim up close, the collaboration appears to truly be one-of-a-kind. BIG JOHN‘s vintage M1002 1967 cut is incorporated, along with a special, reduced dyeing technique that allows for a more prominent traditional bright blue color. Only 24 items are available for this limited edition piece.
According to Tenue de Nîmes‘ product description:
By reducing the dyeing of the Kaihara fabric by 25%, the factory emphasized the traditional bright blue color that is referred to in Japanese as ‘Ruri’. The color (Lapis lazuli, after a gemstone of intense blue color) is considered one of the seven treasures of Buddhism. The yellow selvage is a tribute to the traditional 1960′s fabric made by Cone Mills.
- Name: Tenue de Nîmes X BIG JOHN Natural Blue Raw Denim
- Weight: 14.5 Oz.
- Fit: Slim-tapered
- Denim: 100% Cotton Japanese Selvedge Denim
- Price: Approximately $305.00
- Available at: Tenue de Nîmes
- Other Details
- Heavy navy blue leather back patch
- Pockets lined with original, blue and white Dutch farmer’s cloth referring to the world renowned ‘Delft’s Blauw’.
- 1st century BC Roman Empire Nîmes top-button.